Monday, July 9, 2007

First day of work in childcare centre! God is amazing! The first kid I saw when I step into the centre is SEBASTIAN's Didi. I am so surprise to see him. Haha. I go to him and ask if he remember me. Hehe. Do you know that day I went to their great grandmother's wake, I go down to the centre for interview. It is just so unbelievable! That day at the wake I wanted to carry him and I try all ways to bring him over. I showed him a photo of chip on my phone and tell him I will buy for him if he will to allow me to carry. Haha. And he actually believe and allow me to carry. I promise him I will buy the soft toys for me but I thought to myself,"am I really going to buy for him." Hehe. Until I saw him this morning, I really got to stay to my word and buy for him. Haha. Though I wasn't attached to his age group. He actually remember me when I show him the photo that me and kristin took with him. He was calling out Jie Jie and turn to his friends and called me Jie Jie. He is so cute. Later on the teacher bring me to the infant care a few blocks away. God, help me! I am not really trained to handle the baby before. I only teach children age 2-3 years old in children church. I am more familiar to handle the age group. As they are able to response to me and talk to me. Whereas right now I ought to take care of the baby from 7-13months. They are pretty small, they can't really understand and talk. And most of the time I have to play with them and watching over them. I got to feed them almost every moment. Haha. They are so blessed. They are given cereal in the morning, porridge for lunch, fruits for snack and milk at the end of the day. Imagine those babies crying. At first it seem okie. But I am quite exhausted hearing so many babies crying at the same time. I haven start to bath them and change diaper for them yet. I feel like I am more like a babysitter now than a teacher. I want to be able to teach. I can say being a teacher is not easy. I know from the start. I got to endure through. Is really a training ground for me. So that I can move on from there. I hope to teach the older age group children soon. For the moment, I just got avail myself and be willing to do whatever the teachers want me to do. Be submissive! Hehe. Pastor AR Bernard once preached before that ability will grow to the level of your dreams. The ability increases when you use it. Also with ability comes responsibility and it attracts opportunity too. I pray that God will increase the ability in it and enlarge my capacity to contain more things. I got to be even stronger than before! God, mould me and change me! Let me be the best teacher that I can be! I might be starting small today, I will be successful one day in Jesus' name!